When creating a new project you want it to be connected to a specific department in your organization. You may only need to add one department if you represent a small company but on the other hand in a large company, you probably need to add several departments. Departments can be useful when you are managing projects and candidates. You can restrict access so that users are only allowed to see their
1. Click on the "Accounts" button in the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the main Emply interface.
2. In the top left corner of the Accounts settings, click on the tab "Departments".
3. Now you will see an interface where you can add and delete your departments. Click the "New Department" button in the top left corner.
4. Choose an internal title for you and your hiring team to see. It is also possible to choose an external title if necessary. The external title is shown e.g. in e-mails sent from the system. If you don’t specify an external name the internal name is used. Last, choose where in the organisation structure you want your new department and click on the "Advanced" button.
5. In this section, fill out the necessary information about your company below "Additional information". When clicking "Save" your new department has now successfully been created. The information is used in the e-mails sent from the system if specified in the template. If information is missing, the information from the level above is used.