In your organization, you may have only a few or maybe you have a lot of people involved in your recruitment process.
In Emply Hire persons added as ‘Users’ and can interact with you and the other users in the recruitment proces.
Every ’User’ in the Emply system must have a ’User Type’ added to their ‘User/profile’, that sets the level of permissions and actions that are available for the specific ‘User Type’ in the Emply system.
You can create as many ‘User Types’ as you need to match your organization and the recruitment workflow and adjust the user’s permission with the User Types.
Custom User Types compared to the Personal Data Regulation / GDPR
Under ’User Types’, it is possible to determine whether a user must be able to extract data from the system. This means that you can remove the Export icon, Print icon, and Download icon for specific ‘User Types’.
It is not essential for a user to be able to extract data from Emply Hire as all data can easily be read in the system.
In this way, your company can ensure that you control the processing of sensitive data as a result of the Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Here is how to create a new User Type
1. Click on the "Accounts" button in the drop-down menu.
2. In the top menu of the Account settings, click the tab "User Types".
Now, click on the "New User Type" button in the top left corner of the interface.
3. First, choose a title for your user type. Second, select specific rights for the ‘User Type’ by switching the on and off buttons next to the options below the title.
This is a great way to manage the internal hierarchy between HR partners, recruiters and others in your recruitment team. It could be relevant to do, if you want to adjust some actions for the ‘User Type’, for instance by adjusting the ‘User type’ allowing the users to see all candidates, but users are not allowed to delete candidates.
Last, when you have chosen the rights of the user type, click on "Save".
Your user type has now been defined and created.
It is also possible to make even further adjustments to your ’User types’ settings.
In this way you can define what access is granted when you activate the ’User type’ and the connected users part of it.
For instance, if you want to adjust the ‘User Type’ according to the GDPR rules.
If a user is granted access for the ’User’ tab under ’Account’, it is possible to make the following settings:
- Create users: Should it be possible to create new user.
- Change password policy: Should it be possible to set a password policy on the user*.
- Send Messages: Should it be possible to send messages to other users.
- Create with same user type: Should it be possible to create new users with the same user type as your own or only with lower user types.
- Change status: Should it be possible to deactivate or activate other users.
- Edit user: Should it be possible to edit other users' information.
- Delete users: Should it be possible to delete users from the system.
*See the article "Password Policy" to learn more about this functionality.