This integration can synchronize your user groups in your Azure AD when a user is updated in Emply.
The integration can also sync your calendars, making it easy to convene with multiple attendees.
It can be a good idea to have AD groups that includes administrators, managers, employees and one for meeting rooms - in that way you can manage.
Activate Azure AD
When you activate this with an Azure AD account, Emply entitles you to the following.
* You can always limit / manage the permissions for Emply enterprise application in your Microsoft Graph.
Configure your integration
You can set the integration up to administrate your Azure AD users. This allows Emply to create, update and delete users in your AD that are present in Emply also.
Users will be created in Azure Active directory, at the moment new users from Emply will have to be assigned manually to a specific AD group.
Existing Emply users will after saved changes be saved in AD
At the moment this feature does not work
When activated - users will be updated in Azure AD. If synchronization fails, an error will show on the bottom of window.
Groups Choose one AD groups for which the below configuration should apply
- Default role Set this to role to apply for your ad group
- Default department Choose a department where you will import new AD users
- Language sets the language of user (first time)
- Time zone sets the timezone for a user (first time)
- Currency sets the currency for a user (first time)
Synchronize roles let the integration set the roles of the users continuously. If off then the role is only set the first time. This should only be switched on if you have more AD groups mapped ie. one for Administrators, Managers and hiring team as roles are now manged by
Emply users with administrator role is not updated by role synchronization!
Synchronize calendars switch On / Off
Meeting rooms Here you add meeting rooms - you may connect more AD groups
Removing the integration
In order to remove the integration completely, you have to perform 2 steps.
Prerequisite: You must sign in as a global administrator, an application administrator, or a cloud application administrator.
- Removing the integration in Emply will stop all synchronization between your Azure AD and Emply. Users are not synced any longer and synced Outlook events are removed in Emply calendar. You can only activate the integration again by signing in again as administrator.
- Removing Emply enterprise app in Azure simply login to your portal Azure account. Find the Emply application under Enterprise applications - go to properties and delete.
- You can find more about enterprise apps at Microsoft.com here